Podcast #306 – Radio Coincidences, from Easttown to Sutherlin
Tuesday, July 13th, 2021 - 1 seconds
What are the odds that a popular television series would feature your college radio station as a backdrop for two episodes? That’s exactly what Jennifer found, when HBO’s “Mare of Easttown” employed a set that accurately recreates Haverford College’s station as a location for the limited-run drama. Jennifer talked with the show’s production designer to get the behind-the-scenes scoop.
Paul recently experienced his own radio coincidence when he by chance discovered a storefront radio museum in the small Oregon city of Sutherlin. Although it was closed, the proprietor of the Radio Days Museum saw him outside and invited him in for a quick tour of the radio memorabilia collection. Paul also shares an orchestrated soundwalk he enjoyed down the road in Jacksonville, Oregon.
- Creating Haverford College Radio on Mare of Easttown
- Podcast #298 – College Radio at the End of the Academic Covid Year
- HBO series “Mare of Easttown”
- Jennifer’s Radio Station Tours
- Radio Days Museum in Sutherlin, Oregon
- Britt Fest’s Ellen Reid Soundwalk
- Podcast #246 – Radio in the Movies
- An Even Bigger Songs about Radio Spotify Playlist
- Podcast #297 – Radio Studies and Sound Work
- California Historical Radio Society
- “On the Radio” Exhibit at San Francisco Airport Celebrates Radio History
- Podcast #138 – Radio History on Display at the San Francisco Airport
- Radio History Imprisoned at Cork’s Radio Museum Experience
The post Podcast #306 – Radio Coincidences, from Easttown to Sutherlin appeared first on Radio Survivor.
Subscribe to this podcast